Friday 30 November 2018

Spirit of Christmas


As the days go by, the afternoons get darker and the nights get colder, I feel its coming to reality that November is officially coming to an end. It's the time for the festive season to begin and lets not forget we are couple of weeks away from the year 2018 coming to a close, but lets not leap forward to hasty. Lets enjoy the festive season and all it has to offer such as the remaining sale bargains from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, shopping for prezzies for your love ones as well as yourself, taking a visit to your storage cupboard up in the loft and getting out your stylish sparkle of tinsel which makes you smile every time you look at it.

       

There is something even more better than tinsel and presents, the one thing that brings it all together. The Christmas tree. 


It represents longevity, virtue and solitude, it's a part of the "Three Friends of Winter." along with plum and bamboo tree. 

Every year around the first weekend of December, its tradition for myself and the family to take down the curtains, spring clean the pictures and ornaments around the house and start putting up the decorations and the tree. Obviously every family has their own traditions, but this one has been mine for over 30 years and I'm happy every year to be apart of it. I wouldn't miss this weekend. Its one of my favourite weekends of the year because its something we do regularly together as a family. We play music in the background, have a laugh. At that moment, that's you when you really get into the spirit of Christmas. It brings me joy every year, the food will be consuming and drink will be gulping down.
If I know my sister well, I know she has a Christmas list on standby on her computer and ticking off who and what shes bought already, my mum she hasn't bought anything yet but still has ideas and likes to organise a day to buy all the Christmas presents she needs to buy. As for myself, every other day I'm on the computer adding things to my basket and when I say basket I mean the plural version as I have many baskets in many sites. 

This year I chose to buy presents for 7 people. Not gonna mention any names but that is the budget for people. In terms of expenditure, I have not set a budget in place, but I'm going to try and not go too overboard as the one big lesson to have in mind especially around Christmas time is to not just think about yourself, think about others.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faith & Embrace | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig